I, unaccustomed to intrepidity
exiles from faith
live seemingly coiled in a cave of loneliness
until love leaves its holy abode
and comes into my being
to liberate me into life.
Love arrives
and in its train comes much ecstasy
old memories of delight
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if I am brave and bold,
love strikes like the sword, the chains of fear
from my timid soul.
I was weaned from my innocence
In the glowing flush of love's light
I dare be brave
And suddenly I see
that love costs all that I am
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which will set me free.
Dedicated to my beloved KuMar Aunt Sook Ching, may you recover soon. And to the truly wonderful Uncle Eng Guan and cousins for their tireless outpour of loving care towards their loved-one.
"Walk on a trail of loving kindness
Walk on a path of compassion
And all else around you will be beautiful."
Every Blessing

12 comments:
Such a beautiful dedication to your Aunt and I do hope that she recovers real soon. Your poetry leaves me touched to the very core of my being. I want to point out to you here which lines I found most profound and started typing same but then, I find it was a fruitless exercise as I was typing the whole verse and going on to the next ... that just shows how lovely it was in its entirety such a beautiful dedication of love; it could almost be a young Romeo's rendition to Juliet; so pure in its essence.
I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, I hope she is feeling better now(although I have no cruel what had happened to her)! Lovely poetry, I can't never write something like that, hehe!>_<
Keep well and have a wonderful weekend!
the magic of love can heal almost anything.
speedy recovery to yr aunt.
Nice poem dedicated to your KuMar. Wishing your KuMar has a speedy recovery and get well soon. May she be well and happy, free from mental & physical suffering..
Your aunt is lucky to have so many guardian angels!
a lovely one. :) wish ur aunt get well soon. ;)
My prayers are with her. A very touching poem. xoxo
Orphelia, thanks so much. You are just too kind :)
Alice, thanks ya. It'll take time for full recovery. But glad that she's making progress. :)
Lena, well almost. But it certainly helps a lot. :)
Wenn, thank you so much :)
Bananaz, thanks a lot. May you be well and happy too :)
William, she is indeed! :)
Caroline, thanks so much ya. :)
Drive, thank you lots! :)
Wish ur kuma speedy recovery ya,,.
best wishes fr ur aunty ya..
Post a Comment