Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Be on the Nose!!!!!!!

big whiff!

Read a short but interesting article yesterday. It seems, the most powerful attractant of all is, in fact, invisible. We are more drawn to individuals whose immune system varies from ours, as it confers an evolutionary advantage on any offspring.
That's because our parent's differing immunity genes produces more diverse immunity in us babies, endowing us with the broadest arsenal for fighting disease. What a revelation to discover this! I had always thought of mother's milk being the front liner in advancing our immunity system.
Now, this brings us to the interesting part. So how exactly do you check out someone's immune system? Well, "Sniff it out" is the answer, it seems.
Why may you ask is that so? The article stated that studies concluded the strong correlation between mate selection and body odour. Volunteers who were asked to smell unwashed t-shirts worn by strangers; rated higher sexiness of their odours for those whose immune systems varied from their own.
What's the moral? Don't be too clean; you may be washing away your sexiest attribute!
Then again, we should also not go overboard and start to smell like a DBKL trash-truck, right?

10 comments:

Twilight Zone said...

This is absolutely true. Look at the Japanese men buying soiled panties in air-tight canisters! Big market. Are you planning something?

K|E|E|N|Y|E|E said...

Now you made me feel better. Just got back from prayer and so lazy to take shower :)

Janvier said...

Pheremones. Yum. Blend smoothly with the correct eau de cologne, it does wonders for the senses.

Of course, too much BO spoils the broth.

Live2Talk said...

hmm ... no wonder my ex used to tell me that guys love the smell of their babe's sweat mixed with perfume (>_<) geez ...

Precious Pea said...

Hubby always said I got a distinctive nice smell which of course I couldn't smell it myself. Haha! But cannot la...i have to shower at least minimum twice a day.

.:: Ant ::. said...

TZ - Ewwwww, you sickie! lolz

KYee - Haha what a cute remark. Anyway, u r still single so no one to smell you liao! :P Any takers?

Jan - Yup agreed. Must admit I love the mixture too at times, esp. when both r hvg hot sweaty bods. :) Btw, 4:06am???

Live - Your ex was right. U must hv smelled like a stalk of heaven's rose to him. Hehe

Thanks all for leaving comments.

K|E|E|N|Y|E|E said...

Ah...so nice of you. Let me know if you've got me any taker. I'm waiting...

.:: Ant ::. said...

Pp - Awwww, I-so-jello-us-lah to hear that!

Agreed, I also have to have my minimum 2 daily shower, sometimes going upto 7 times altho' I dun perspire much.

KYee - my matchmaking doesn't come cheap. Msn chat to discuss sld you wanna proceed Hahaha!

Precious Pea said...

7 times?? That is too much la. Should save water..poor Aussies will be so jealous of u, they can't even water their plants! Hehe.

.:: Ant ::. said...

PP - But I'm rather kecil insize , so there's not much to wash.Haha

Plus, i alwiz turn off the shower when I'm soaping myself, less water used that way :)