Friday, November 27, 2009

Every Day Could Be Thanksgiving!


                                                 courtesy of www, pinkngreen.com

I've just been back home after a wonderful evening spent with my close blogger friends. Never could get enough of their passion for living life positively; aided of course by their similar cravings for a great steamboat buffet spread at Yuen's.

My whole house smells like heavenly old cucumber soup now, as I reheat to have a cuppa comfort soup before retiring to bed. Like the magic of pork, medicinal herbs and that wonderful big ol' orange-coloured cucumber performed by my lovely kitchen alchemist. For those of you fortunate enough to have eaten Dowager's food, feel free to envy me, and stop by for a taste if you're somewhere near. For those of you who are not so lucky, you have my sincere sympathy.

What am I cooking for Sunday's picnic at FRIM park? My non-poisoning concoction of spices that'll make mamak mee taste utterly delectable, I do hope. Yellow noodles, tomatoes, fried beancurd puffs, beansprouts, potatoes, cabbage and an array of indians spices all ground into a rainbow paste. I'll just put that super-sized wok to toil the flames once again so I could enjoy the wok flambe of years past. Sharing food with the people I want to see, what could be better, honestly?  Not people I have to accommodate, apologize for, etc.  Thanks Michi for inviting.

It's been kinda frustrating year. It started with maddening stupidity in June, and continued through my downsizing. At some point when I wasn't looking, it all started to resolve.

The new year's coming, should be better than the current, I feel it. I am very thankful for my generally positive attitude.

My brother's and sister's kids made me proud over and over all year long, all three of them faring well with good caring attitudes. First born Lil' Karl has blessed the lives of his doting parents, the sounds of pitter-patter tiny feet are simply, sounds from tushita heaven.  Anna and Thomas, who paid their Malaysian family a visit from Paris in August had mesmerized their granny, uncles and aunts with their adult-like wit.  They are intelligent, kind, determined, beautiful, talented young ones. I am thankful for what they do, but I am more thankful for who they are. I lucked out in the kid department, somehow I have everything I could have ever wanted in these wonderful kids, and I am profoundly thankful for that.

My Dowager made it through an afternoon of surgery last Thursday to repair her perforated left eardrum, leaving her with a hope of better hearing and balance. What can I say to the wonderful specialist at Klang General Hospital and her staff who were truly professional in handling the whole situation, pre and post operation? How do I even begin to express my thankfulness for that? Hope the slices of Secret Recipe walnut brownies, a small token no doubt; did put smiles on their faces in knowing that they were truly appreciated.

I have a deep and abiding gratitude for my life. For the circumstances of where and how I live, this lovely house in this great country (minus the government goons, but of course!), and everything that goes on which makes this possible. I am profoundly grateful for the people in this life who love me, who have tirelessly guided me in my spiritual path and who accept my fierce blasts of love and gratitude when fired off in their direction.

I am thankful for all of it, for every minute of frustration and every trill of laughter.



"Walk on a trail of loving kindness
Walk on a path of compassion
And all else around you will be beautiful."
Every Blessing

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

opps im kinda sure i will b the first to comment kekeee :P
its great to have frens around :) and of coz the great yuen just make it better kekeee...
good to hear that ur mum surgery went well, wish her speediest recovery kekeee, to hear u better so that can nag u better :P
have a nice weekend ahead and enjoy ur frim outing yeah :)

manglish said...

thanks for you know what...:) pikey was amazed that i survived and didnt die in a Final Destination manner..I was thinking more in a 2012 fashion hahahahha.......

savante said...

Don't forget to thank the anaesthetist too! :P

Medie007 said...

Thanks for being a nice friend.
Thanks for all the information shared.
Thanks for introducing me to what you termed as my "God Dad"
Thanks for the prayers you dedicated to me
Thanks for cooking good food.
Thanks for gossiping with me all the time.

:)

TZ said...

kakaka.... i enjoyed YUEN so much with all of you... Looking forward for this coming Sunday :)

Let's gossiping in FRIM and after FRIM let's go to YUEN again :p muhahahaha....

Twilight Man said...

Thanks for unclogging my blood arteries!
Thanks for your bloggers' demographics!
Thanks for digging skeletons in graves!
Thanks for telling me I am Grandma!
Thanks for being the Gossip Crown Princess!
Thanks for being selfless & messing up dinner plans!


You made my life richer in 2009.

Thank you Klangton! Whoever said you were Indian?





Muahahahaha!

Twilight Man said...

Yuen again TZ? Unless you are inviting Foong Pak Choy!...





Oh yeah, all future parties would be handled by the Wedding Tai Kum Chieh KEENYEE!


LOL! Kekekekekeke!

CH Voon said...

Yuen's steamboat ar.. quite nice...
and have a nice view there when see people rush to get the chicken wings hahahaha

seldom eat old cucumber soup hehehe dont know how to cook this...

Yesterday is past tense... just make a remark and try to avoid the bad things happen again

Tommorrow is what we fighting for...

Unknown said...

I am truly happy when people are happy. Stay blessed, people!

William said...

Hope the Dowager's condition improves!

Make sure you work up an appetite climbing up to the canopy walk at FRIM!

Bengbeng said...

thx for sharing yr life with us thru yr blog

Gratitude said...

Happy @ thank you so much for being a great dharma bro and trusted friend. :)

Manglish @ hope i didnt cause too much distress. Glad to know you are doing fine. :)

Savante @ Lol I didnt get to see him/her. You prickly professionals are such a shy bunch lolz. :)

Medie @ Thanks for everything. Life is not so bad after all with you around. :)

TZ @ FRIM wuz really great, and I'm sucha unhealthy wuzz. :)

Gratitude said...

Granma Twilight @ Life in 2009 wld hv been a total bore without you around. Thanks for all your rants and ramblings. Periodic whacks from that tongkat has done me good. :)

KY is so gonna kill you for making that comment. lolz

CH @ aha, another Yuen fan huh?! Thanks for all your wonderful comments. :)

Shakira @ well, we cld only try not to wallow too much in negativities, knowing full well that it doesnt help at all. Be happy! :)

William @ thanks for you kind wishes. FRIM wuz great, really tired after the hike, so cldnt get to eat coz I wuz more interested in quenching my thirst. :)

Beng @ likewise dude. :)

KY said...

CCB Grandma...now I'm a Tai Kum Chieh cum Prince Arabian.
I feel so bad that I missed the FRIM.... But another round of Yuen? I'm gonna full of prawns again!!!!

Anonymous said...

I also think having good and supporting family and friends reinforce your positive outlook of life. I'd love to be in good company of people like you who appreciate what they presently have and are grateful for the wonderous of life. A very inspiring post...as alwasy :)

Gratitude said...

KY@ There are more names given to you by Granma. She wuz really in his/her element at FRIM to hv come out with so many more. I wuz a victim too. lolz.
Yuen? That place had also cast a spell on me, can't get enough of the prawns , oysters and green veg.
We'll do Yuen soon again. :)

KN@ Thanks for your kind words. Fyi, i'm a crazy car-lover too. :)

RoseBelle said...

You have such a deep understanding of maintaining a positive outlook in life. It's hard and many times the challenges in life make it all so easy to be angry and hateful. Thanks for the upbeat words of wisdom.